Thursday, April 22, 2021

Ramadan London Vehicle Ramming Attack: Muslim Driver Attacked Police With Knife After Fleeing Crash Which Put Car Through Shop Window In East London

Driver 'attacked police with knife' after fleeing crash which put car through shop window in East London

A car driver 'attacked police with a knife' after fleeing a crash which put a car through a shop window in East London. Filip Razvan, 31, was arrested on the morning of Sunday, April 18 after officers pursued him when he left the scene of a collision in Barking Road, Newham, which took place shortly before 9.40am. According to a statement from the Metropolitan Police, Razvan made off on foot and was followed by officers, allegedly attacking one of them with a knife before he was detained. The light blue saloon car he was driving was engaged in a collision with a white hatchback which then veered across the opposing lane and ploughed into the front of a shop. The car Razvan was driving came to a stop on the other side of the road having sustained significant damage in the collision. CCTV footage obtained by My London showed the crash take place on a bright sunny morning along the busy road, with bystanders rushing to the aid of the occupants of the white car. My London has chosen not to publish the footage but video taken by a bystander in the aftermath of the crash shows the seriousness of the incident. Razvan appeared in custody at Stratford Magistrates Court on Monday, April 19, where he was charged with the following: 
  • Obstructing/resisting a constable in execution of duty, contrary to section 89 (2) of the Police Act 1996 Possession of an offensive weapon in a public place, contrary to section 1 (1) of the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 
  • Driving a motor vehicle dangerously, contrary to section 2 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 
  • Attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent to do grievous bodily harm, contrary to section 1 (1) of the Criminal Attempts Act 1981. 
He did not enter any pleas and was remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, May 17. Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment