Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Walmart Manager Andre Bing Shoots And Kills Six Co-Workers At Chesapeake VA Store

Cops raid Virginia Walmart shooter's home as first victims are pictured: Store worker, 22, was among six killed by manager who LAUGHED as he opened fire in break room in 'planned attack' before turning his pistol on himself 

The Walmart gunman silently opened fire in the break room of the Chesapeake store where he worked last night, picking off colleagues with his pistol before eventually turning the gun on himself. The shooter has not yet been named publicly. Witnesses and survivors have told how he opened fire in the breakroom of the Walmart in Sam's Circuit, Chesapeake, at 10.12pm last night. He opened fire in a breakroom where members of the night shift had just gathered to discuss their shift. One witness said he was 'laughing' during the attack, which is said to have lasted only four minutes. At 10.16pm, by the time cops entered the store, the gunman had killed himself. He killed six people, including 22-year-old Tyneka Johnson, who was named by her family on Wednesday. 'As soon as my team lead said, '"all right, we have a light night tonight," I looked up and my manager just opened the door and he just opened fire.' He wasn't aiming at anybody specifically. He just literally started shooting throughout the entire break room and I watched multiple people just drop down to the floor, whether they were trying to duck for cover or they were hit. 'He didn't say a word, he didn't say anything at all... He just came around the corner and started shooting,' Briana Tyler told Good Morning America.  She said that when she started working at the store two months ago, she was told that he was the manager 'to look out for'. 'There was always somethingoing on with him just having an issue with someone but I never expected it would get to this level. He was the manager that everybody had something to say about.' Employee Jessie Wilczewski said she was hiding under a table when the gunman looked 'right at her' and told her to go home. 'It didn’t even look real until you could feel the ... ‘pow-pow-pow,’ you can feel it. I couldn’t hear it at first because I guess it was so loud, I could feel it.' 

One witness who survived the shooting told local Virginia outlet WAVY that the shooter had 'issues' with other managers in the store, which led her to believe the attack was 'planned'. President Biden issued a statement on Wednesday morning, condemning the shooting and repeating his call for stricter gun laws. He has repeatedly called for a ban on assault rifles. On Wednesday morning, police raided the shooter's three-bedroom home in Chesapeake, which is around three miles from the store. 'Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, one of our most cherished holidays that brings us together as Americans and as families, when we hug our loved ones and count our blessings. 'But because of yet another horrific and senseless act of violence, there are now even more tables across the country that will have empty seats this Thanksgiving. 'There are now more families who know the worst kind of loss and pain imaginable. Jill and I grieve for those families, for the Chesapeake community, and for the Commonwealth of Virginia, which just suffered a terrible shooting at the University of Virginia this month,' he said, referring to the shooting on November 13. Walmart is yet to give any kind of information about the shooter or the victims. In a Twitter statement last night, the company said: 'We are shocked at this tragic event at our Chesapeake, Virginia store. 'We're praying for those impacted, the community and our associates. 'We're working closely with law enforcement and we are focused on supporting our associates.' A second Walmart employee, who showed up for their nightshift shortly after the shooting, told reporters at the scene: 'Thank goodness I showed up late.' The supercenter was open to the public at the time of the shooting - and cops said the Walmart may have been busy as shoppers were preparing for Thanksgiving. It was due to close at 11pm on Tuesday night. Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin said in a tweet: 'Our hearts break with the community of Chesapeake this morning. I remain in contact with law enforcement officials throughout this morning and have made available any resources as this investigation moves forward. 'Heinous acts of violence have no place in our communities.' Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment